Home Forums Business General Business Can I give my Account number and sort code out?

Can I give my Account number and sort code out?

Hi Everyone,

First post to this forum 🙂 I’m looking to sell something and the buyer has asked to pay via a bank transfer. Is it ok for me to give him the account number and sort code? They can’t do anything with it can they?

Thank you everyone who replies!

Greg

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Greg Jones.
  • This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Greg Jones.
Comments

Hey Greg,

Welcome to the MoneyMakingExpert Forum. Yes there is no problem with giving out your account number/ sort code so feel free to go ahead. If you need extra assurance just quickly get in touch with your bank.

Cheers,
Scott

I agree with Scott, you should be fine handing out that info , always just make sure of who you giving it to!
you can so easily be scammed now days and the trends change almost daily.

It’s true that you should always be careful about who you give your details to like Ryan said but I don’t think the account number / sort code will come of anything if it got into the wrong hands 🙂

Yeah it is quite common these days, most people you deal with will request payment via bank transfer and readily give out their account details.

Anyone remembre this story though?? – http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7174760.stm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.